It is now the law that you must have achieved an SIA security qualification in security guarding, if you like to work in the security industry as a secutrity officer. The SIA (Security Industry Authority) is the authority who manages the licensing of the private security industry and set the standards of skills and professionalism within the private security industryfor different types of security courses like cctv,door supervisors and security gurading.
Mantec offers SIA security courses in partnership with other training providers which aimed at giving you the qualifications you need to obtain a license for security guarding. You need to attend 4 days classroom course during weekdays, weekends or evening sessions.
TheSecurity Guard course is divided into 3 units.
– Working in the Private Security
– Working as a Security Officer
– Communication skill and Conflict Management
Unit 1 – Working in the Private Security Industry– (student Notes)
• The purpose and main features of the private security industry
• The legislation that is relevant to people working in the private security industry
• Relevant aspects of health and safety in the workplace
• Application of the fire safety principles
• Dealing with non-fire-related workplace emergencies
• The principles of effective communication and customer care in the private security industry
Unit 2 – Working as a Security Officer – (student Notes)
• The role of a Security Officer within the private security industry
• The importance of, and reasons for, patrolling
• How to control access to and egress from a site
• Basic search procedures
• The purpose and function of different types of technology, security and monitoring systems in the security environment
• The law and its relevant to the role of a security officer
• The importance and purpose of reporting and record keeping
Unit 3 – Conflict Management for the Private Security Industry – (student Notes)
• The principles of managing conflict. Training is delivered in conflict management appropriate to security guard’s role.
• How to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations
• How to communicate effectively in emotive situations and de-escalate conflict
• How to develop and use problem solving strategies for conflict resolution management
• Good practice to follow after conflict situation.
A multiple-choice examination is taken at the end of each uni. A pass rate of 70% or more is needed in both units to be successful and to attain the Accredited certificate from the awarding body.
Courses like, Door Supervision and Security Guarding,are held weekly, fortnightly and monthly. Please contact us for course dates.
Courses can be held at the client’s premises allowing the course to fit-in with operational commitments.
Full course (Unit 1 & 2 & 3) £200.00
Top-Up Security officer Qualification.Qualification structure
|Principles of Terror Threat Awareness in
the Private Security Industry
|Principles of Minimising Personal Risk for Security Officers in the Private Security Industry
Type of assessment (1)
Onscreen or paper-based MCQ. Exam made up of 10 questions. The MCQ exam is 20 minutes.
Pass mark = 70%
Type of assessment (2)
Onscreen or paper-based. MCQ exam made up of 16 questions (25 minutes).
Pass mark = 70%
Please email us at info@ mantecCollege.co.uk or call us on the number given below for further information
0208 432 6350